Forbright is a direct lender and loan purchaser, and we make strategic investments in financial services companies. We offer a full suite of deposit and transaction processing capabilities as an FDIC insured commercial bank. Through our investment advisory subsidiary, we advise over 250 regulated financial institutions on their loan portfolios.
We integrate our proprietary Responsible Investment and ESG policy and our commitments as a signatory to the U.N. Principles of Responsible Banking into the full life cycle of each individual loan and loan purchase program to ensure that our financial commitments are having a net positive impact.
We have over $10 billion of funding capacity, the ability to underwrite up to $200 million in individual credit, and the capacity to make loan purchase commitments in excess of $1 billion.
We are known for our flexibility, speed, and research-driven credit and investment process.
While our team of over 240 lending and associated professionals focuses on all sectors that meet our ESG standards, we have deep industry expertise in the following areas:
- Companies pursuing clean energy, low-carbon, and sustainability strategies
- Healthcare services, including senior housing, home healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and outpatient care
- Renewable energy, including residential, community, and corporate solar and efficiency, wind and hydro, energy storage and efficiency, and clean energy infrastructure
- Financial services, including commercial and consumer lenders and asset owners, financial technology and transaction services companies, and real estate investors
- Technology, enterprise software, and communications companies
- Business and government services
- Building products and advanced manufacturing
We offer the following financial solutions to meet the needs of our clients:
- Secured term and revolving loans used to finance buyouts, acquisitions, growth, and recapitalizations
- Revolving lines of credit and back leverage secured by receivables, notes, inventory, and other assets
- Real estate loans, including construction, bridge, transitional, “A” notes, and permanent loans, secured by commercial, senior housing, multifamily, and residential real estate
- Loan purchase programs on consumer and commercial assets
- Investments in rated and unrated bonds and structured credit
- Equity investments, particularly in early-stage companies pursuing sustainability and financial technology
- Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (“C-PACE”) loan programs
- Commercial banking services